From the Richmond Enquirer, 10/31/1861, p. 3, c. 4
STATE ARMORY. - A hundred flint-locks muskets of those gathered by the agents from the different sections of the Commonwealth, are altered daily at the State Armory, now located in Stuart's Factory, at the corner of 7th and Cary streets. They are in quantities, to the field, to replace an equal number of flint-lock muskets now in the hands of the volunteers. The machinery in the State Armory, though simple, is amply sufficient for the purpose to which it has been devoted with great assiduity, for some months past.