From the Richmond Whig, 6/16/1862, p. 2, c. 6
THE SAMARITAN HOSPITAL, on Clay, between 5th and 6th streets, under the special auspices of the Young Men's Christian Association, was opened on the 1st of June.
In behalf of the sick and suffering soldiers, we solicit the co-operation of the citizens of Richmond and vicinity, in contributions of provisions and money which will be received either by the Superintendent or at the depot of Army Committee on Bank street.
J. D. K. SLEIGHT[?].