From the Richmond Enquirer, 9/19/1861, p. 3, c. 3
HOSPITALS. – In the published list of the Military Hospitals in this city, an omission occurred which we take pleasure in correcting.
The Hospitals referred to are under the auspices of the Army Committee of the Young Mens' Christian Association, assisted by the people of the neighborhood, and are situated as follows:
Samaritan Hospital, corner of 4th and Cary streets; Physician, Dr. John P. Little.
Gamble's Hill Hospital, corner 4th and Byrd streets; Physician, Dr. Wm. H. Gwathmey.
These Hospitals have been in operation about one month, and have rendered efficient service to the soldiers of the Confederate Army.