From the Richmond Dispatch, 4/29/1863, p. 1, c. 6
Returned Home – The brass six pounders in use by the Richmond Fayette Artillery during the present war having been superseded by twelve-pounder Napoleon guns, have been returned by the Confederacy to the State Arsenal, where they have been put in perfect order, and look just as they did when first introduced, in 1836, by Capt. Charles S. Hyde, then commanding the company. They have been laid aside to be returned to the company after the war. These cannon have borne a part in many engagements of the war. In the State Arsenal is also deposited a brass rifled Dahlgren howitzer, formerly in use by the Richmond Howitzers.